Friday, October 17, 2008

The Magic Needle

Okay its more like the magic needles. I am talking about accupuncture. Never in my wildest dreams could I have imagined myself laying on a table wanting someone to put needles in my body. I probably go two times a week religously. I started when I was trying to get pregnant with Brooke. I heard from all my doctors that accupuncture increased the chances of IVF working tremendously. If I was going through all the other crap I knew I had to give the accupuncture a try. Dr. Liu (my accupuncturist) had a whole science of when she wanted me to come in to help the IVF process along. She even opened on a day that she normally isn't to see me because the procedure happened to land on that day and she wanted to see me asap after it. Was that the key that helped me get prego? I don't know...but I truly believed it helped. I also went during my pregnancy when my siatica hurt and when i had back pain which was equivalent to eating a chocolate brownie sundae!Seriously, I would feel 100 times better when I left. When Brooke was breech...she put a few needles in a few "unbreech the baby" spots and wallah the next sono no breech. I went the day I went in to be induced...and it so happened that I had a pretty good labor. Again, am I saying it is all the accupuncture? No, but I do believe it plays a huge part. After the pregnancy...I had a few bouts of lets say major tear flow. Finally pulled myself off the couch to get my butt to accupuncture and she said she could help me by making my hormones even out more. I started going again when I had my little 34 year old life change. The running, the quitting bad habits, excercising. She hit the most miraculous spots- My metabolism spot! Who would have known?? This apparently helped curb my appetite. She also regulated my hormones here. I for a fact know this worked. I have tried before what I have tried this past three months and never in my life was I able to lose 20 pounds! I really think it helped.

Psychological or not. I think accupuncture is one of the best-not-so-widely-known-by-my american-doctor going-tylenol taking-friends remedy happening right now. I swear by it...you just have to find someone good.

1 comment:

Lady Lif said...

hmmmmmm I think i should go!!!