Friday, January 14, 2011

What the Dr. Ordered

So yesterday I woke up in a bit of a slump,down, unmotivated, annoyed at the world..really for no reason. Well maybe it was because I went to sleep bawling after finishing the book The Art of Racing in the Rain by Garth Stein (Really good, exceptionally good if you love dogs- more on that in a later post).

Back to what the Dr. ordered. I spent some time around a few good friends and laughed with some on the phone. A vent here and there, a laugh, then some more laughs. It gave me the motivation to get up and go to the gym to let the rest of it out. Last night and today I feel better than ever.

So thank you to my friends, that make me laugh and care enough to tell me to relax and move on from the day..that it will be better tomorrow. Because as long as you can see and remember that...all will be okay!

1 comment:

Marie said...

OMG, I read that book a few years ago -- it was awesome!!! but I do feel bad recommending it to people bc it does totally kick your a** at the end.

I'm glad you're feeling better!