Thursday, September 4, 2008

Back-to-School

Hi-Ho-hi-ho it's back to work we go....Mom is going back to school and boy is it fun! Actually I don't mind going to work. It is hard the first few days/weeks because you are missing your baby/best friend. I always think that she will never survive without me and how horrible it will be! But then I see her smiling face waving goodbye to me and blowing me kisses....assuring me in her own little 15 month old way that everything is going to be okay.

The decision to go back to work wasn't an easy one and took a lot of time and thought. I have always been the type and have admired the type that likes to learn new things and keep the mind busy. I worked hard to do well in college and get the job I have and I am proud of what I do. I also can say I love what I do. Yes, there are days that I think..."I said that?" but I do, I love my job and love helping and working with children. It is a great feeling to be able to teach someone that struggles with reading, how to read. Everyday I feel like I am working to make someones life a little bit better than it was the day before....to make them feel a little bit better about themselves. So, the reason I mention all of this is, I am proud to tell my daughter that this is what I do. This is one of the many reasons I was okay with going back to work. I do also see many of the positives of staying home which luckily with this job you are able to do without losing it for two years!

So as much as I am tired and don't like to talk for at least an hour when i get home (I am so tired of hearing my name and my voice after six hours!) I enjoy what I do and don't hate it totally. Leaving Brooke would be so much harder than it already is if I hated where I was going.

Below are a "johnson family tradition"...if i go downstairs I will put on last years pics. Brooke, Cooper and I take a picture together on the first day of school. It's crazy to think that in just 5 years (or less?) she will be leaving with me! :(


1 comment:

Lady Lif said...

You look purdy Annette.