Tuesday, August 19, 2008

LBI




We are at the LBI on vacation. Everything is great except I am highly allergic to my room. (Has a rug and a fan with at least two inches of dust on it). I am popping at least 2 allergy pills a day so I am keeping the swollen eyes under control. Brooke went in the water and enjoyed it for the first time yesterday. We try not to force her into liking something....which is why it took the whole summer for her to take to the beach. Definitely still not a fan of the sand and needs to have her trusty crocs on at all times (I'll blog about my daughters weird obsesion with crocs another day.) It's really nice here- The ocean is pretty and clean, there is a lot of people biking, walking, there are a lot of shops only a block away, an amusement and water park and many eateries and bars. Every night in the house someone else cooks. We had Mexican Madness the first night which was delicious, Italian (which I ordered and brought in!), Sausage and Peppers on Monday night and I believe we are having bbq'd chicken tonight. It's kind of lovely having home cooked meals without being the one that has to cook it! Scott is golfing right now (wish i could have gone) so I have the baby. We are going to go for a walk then a bike ride. I'll try to upload some pics...if you see them here it worked. If not...it didn't!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe you're blogging on vacation! Too funny!

The pictures of Brooke uploaded -- I can't believe she's in the water after all we went through on Sunday!!! Actually, I can - I knew she just needed time to warm up.

It was so good to see you guys this weekend and we had so much fun with our little babykins (Brooke). Give her a big smooch from her Auntie M!! (And please teach her to say my name.)

Lady Lif said...

Awwwwe it feels like I'm there with you... only I'm stuck on LI... Keep the pix and the blog entries coming. You should know by now that you CANNOT take a vacation from blogging. Your readers get very annoyed!

Anonymous said...

Check out my Brooke pictures on morecheese.typepad.com today!!

Anonymous said...

Can you send me these pics? I can't seem to steal them from this site. Thanks