Saturday, August 23, 2008
Saturday night with the kids?
There have been a couple of nights, Saturdays to be exact, that Scott and I find ourselves eating out with Brooke. On two occasions someone has commented (not directly and not in a rude way but loud enough for us to hear)on keeping it down. You may be asking...Keeping what down? Well when Brooke's food arrives to the table she screams at the top of her lungs in full blown excitement. She can't wait to see what is on the plate. It is a quick act to get the plate down, blow off the steam and put a piece in her mouth so she will stop her loud outburst of pure joy that her food has arrived. Scott gets annoyed that people say something. He feels she is a kid and that is what kids do. Now, as much as I agree with that, I disagree in some ways. I feel that it is a Saturday night. Many couples get out and have ONE night out away from the kiddies. Who wants to go to your relaxing ONE night out and have a kid screaming (even though it is a happy scream)next to you. That is what you are out for...to not hear that. I tried to explain to SCott that I felt if we don't want those comments we should avoid some (not all=Friendly's maybe) restaurants on a Saturday night anytime after six when we are with Brooke. What do you think? Peeping toms feel free to respond... :) (Marie did you like that...trying to get everyone involved! lol)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Yeah. I think go out around 5 it's regular dinner time then anyway.
And yes...you have a lot of "viewers" not commenting...I guess you should take it as a compliment...they can't wait to see what you have to say.
As someone without kids, I think it depends on where you go. Some places are for kids, some places are for adults. If I go to Friendly's, of course I expect kids to be there. But, for example, the other night, we went to a micro-brewery that serves kind of upscale food. It was supposed to be a "treat" for us to have a delicious beer, chill out, and have a kind of expensive meal in a nice atmosphere. I was surprised to see a family with two kids come in for dinner. I was dismayed, however, when they were seated next to us and the parents let the kids run around the table and lie down in the booth with their grubby sneakers nearly touching my nice pants. These kids were in grade school -- not toddlers. Also, while it may be very cute to play "I spy with my little eye" with your own kids, it is HORRIBLY IRRITATING to adult ears, especially at a bar where you have just paid too much money for a bowl of mussells and some Belgian ale. Harumpf.
So marie, i'm thinking you go with my stance. lol.
Sometimes I scream with excitement when my food is placed on the table... I don't see the problem...Brooke you keep doing what you do! haha
Post a Comment