Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Running on low...

I know that I need more sleep right now but its just not feasible. I don't want to leave Brooke to do my classroom so I have been going at night. Got home REALLY late last night...like 12:30. Bet some of you didn't even know a school was open that late! Anywho...I am just draggin lately. I feel like I need more "energy" food but I don't want to eat any of those crappy bars or anything. Does anyone have suggetions. Please don't say protein...i eat protein.

8 comments:

Angela said...

Apples! Apples give you great energy, even if you are hungry again in an hour or so. I eat a lot of em when I can afford em. They're best in the morning, and apparently there are studies that show that eating an apple in the morning gives you more morning-energy burst than coffee!

Anonymous said...

Who is me? Man, if it isn't people just reading the blog and not commenting it's people leaving annonymous names. Sorry its 1:15 and I am really cranky tired!

Angela said...

O sorry! I need to figure out how to change that so it leaves my name. I'm Angela.

Lady Lif said...

Annette- one sure fire way to scare away your readers is to scold them. Allow me to scold you for scolding "me". That wasn't nice, knock it off. Go eat some eggs. They are an excellent source of protein.

Anonymous said...

chrissy, i thought it was my sister who likes to leave anonymous names and makes me guess...which at 1 in the morning isn't that much fun. I like to thank and talk to my "readers" but can't if i don't know who they are. Angela knows that I didn't "scold" her. You on the other hand.....are a continous scolder! My god! Sorry ange...late night blogging shouldn't be allowed. AND now that I know it was you...thanks for the advice...I will go get a bunch of apples today...maybe even add some peanut butter!

Anonymous said...

Always blaming it on your little sister... hmmm. haha
lately I've been leaving hints as to who it is. i was going to say apples and peanut butter too... or egg whites. or sleep... or... really i don't know cause I'm exhausted right now.

Anonymous said...

sister here... how do you get the live traffic feed??? lil' help

Anonymous said...

The trick is (1) stay hydrated with lots of water and (2) stay away from heavy carbs like pasta and bread, and (3) have a small meal combining carbs and protein every 2 to 3 hours. So, for example:

Breakfast: 1 cup of high fiber cereal with milk and raisins; or a slice of toast with a poached egg and salsa (I just microwave an egg for 20 to 30 seconds, even quicker)

snack: 1 piece fruit and 10 almonds; or 1 boiled egg and some more raisins

L: small turkey wrap or salad with grilled chicken or chickpeas

snack: apple or banana with 2 Tbsp peanut butter; or celery with PB and raisins; or a peach and 1/2 cup LF cottage cheese

D: fish or chik breast and veggies

I've been totally dragging this week, too (I blame that on my husband for making me drink a bottle of wine on Sunday night and also the Democratic Convention and the Olympics, too, bc I still haven't made up for the sleep I lost watching that).