"Uh-oh, Mommy's Sick"
This is what I hear from my bed as I moaned in pain Sunday morning. Scott was the one saying it and then the rest of them joined in. I laid in bed with the occasional visitor standing there staring at me asking me "are ya sick?"
Was I sick? Let's just say from 11pm on Saturday to 4am Sunday my body completely changed for the worse. I don't know what happened but I felt like a mack truck ran over me and then went in reverse and did it again, and again. I was so bad that we woke up at seven in the morning, called Terri (thank goodness she was able to come when we called!)and went to a walk-in clinic. As soon as I got in there they tested me for strep and H1N1. I was glad they told me I had neither but was not so happy to hear I probably had a virus that you can't really take anything for. I was given a prescription for a z-pack and was told only to take it if I did get a fever.
I went home and that's when I broke a fever of 103. We went and filled the prescription and I layed in bed stiff as a board because anytime I moved the Mac truck feeling would come on. I had to take Motrin and tylenol to ease the pain...IT SUCKED.
The whole time I was up there...I was wondering what was going on down there. I never really thought about what happens when Mom is sick. The little feet tampering around and the occasional screaming and crying would startle me...but I couldn't move.
It was hysterical to me how many times Brooke was able to Houdini herself up the stairs and into the room. I could hear her tiny feet slip into the room and tiptoe over to the bed. We have a gate that closes at the end of the stairs...so she must have had the misssion on her mind all day...because as soon as someone opened it to get in or out she slipped through. She would sit there and stare at me, almost in shock that I was just laying there- not playing or singing. After the shock wore off she got a little sneaky (I would peek while making believe I was sleeping) and would try and use my chapstick or drink my gatorade. I would have to break my silence when I saw it reaching her lips because I didn't want her to get sick too! The cute part was that she would just put it down like she never had it in the first place and say "you feel better? come on downstairs?" The funniest but not so funny thing is this is going on for at least 5 minutes and NO ONE has noticed yet that she is gone...llol.
My parents came over to help the other two days...Monday I was still hurting bad. Tuesday I was doing better but still had a really bad throat. Thank god for my parents because I do not know what I would have done without the help during the day....and thank god for Scott picking up all of the slack as soon as he got home. They made mom being sick not so bad afterall.
4 comments:
Nice post. All very true. I thought she was playing until I heard some commotion upstairs.
All in all, I think the kids were very good, despite a few meltdowns, the biggest one probably by Daddy...lol
I got a good idea of what it's like to be home w/ them all day, and although it's great being w/ them, they are also a LOT of work!
I will certainly remember these past few days when I come home complaining of a hard day's work.
We Love You Mommy!!
Feel better, PLEASE!!!!!! HA HA
by the way - yes, your parents helped us out in a major way. I am very grateful for them!
Thanks Momma D and Pop!!!!
Wow, sorry you are feeling so crappy!!! I'm glad you have Terri and the folks around to help, and of course, "Daddy" too.
Feel better soon!!! Stay in bed for as long as you can, though! We want you fully recuperated before you try to handle those kids again.
Glad you are feeling better!
Post a Comment